marriage registers have been transcribed from microfiche records
obtained from The County Record Office, Trowbridge.
Call nos: 1189/3, 1189/7, 8 and 9.
state of the registers between 1686 and 1725 is poor.
There is a line drawn beneath the entry dated 1725, and
immediately beneath is the first entry for 1754.
There are Baptism and Burial registers for the period 1725 -
1754, but no Marriage registers.
transcripts were prepared to coincide with the Band of Gold Flower
Festival in September 2001, a celebration of marriage.
They have not been checked and individual entries should be
verified against the original.
last registered marriage is in 1951.
The Registers were closed by order of the Registrar General in
1953 following the union of the Benefices of St Sampson and St Mary.